I love to cook curry, but this one is by far the quickest I’ve ever done. It uses frozen fish, so it doesn’t even require much preparation.
I use this special curry powder from Malaysia that my Fiancée gets sent from her mom, but absolutely any curry powder will do.
Serves 4, if served with rice or 2 on its own
1 large onion, peeled and finely diced
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
Thumb sized piece if ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
2 tbsp curry powder
200 ml vegetable stock, made up as per instructions
250 g baby courgettes, cut into quarters lengthways
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
400 ml passata
200 g 0% fromage frais
Small bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
2 large frozen fish fillets
1. Place the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder and stock in wok or large non stick sauce pan.
2. Bring to the boil over a high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the courgettes, tomatoes and passata and bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the frozen fish fillets, bring back to the boil and simmer for another 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through. If using fresh fish reduce the cooking time accordingly.
5. Stir in the chopped herbs and fromage frais, season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.