I can’t get enough of Thai food this week. The beautiful mix of ginger, garlic, chilli and lemon grass makes this recipe so delicious and fragrant. If only I could find a good recipe for an authentic (but Slimming World friendly) Tom Yum soup I’d be over the moon.
Serves 4 with rice or two without for SP
4 turkey breast steaks, cut into strips
0 cal cooking spray
4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1/2 lemon grass stick, finely chopped
3 cm ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 chilli, deseeded (or not if you like a really authentic heat) and finely chopped
8 spring onions, cut into diagonal strips
1 onion, finely sliced
300 g bag mixed stir fry veggies (corn, carrots, bean sprouts, peppers etc.)
200 ml chicken stock, made up as per instructions
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
8 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Spray a wok with 0 cal cooking spray, over a high heat and fry the turkey strips for 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, lemon grass, ginger and spring onions and continue to stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetable and continue to stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, soy sauce and fish sauce and bring to boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the yoghurt and the fresh corriander and serve immediately.