These dumplings have all the flavour of traditional Thai dumplings but are much healthier as they are baked and not deep fried. I ate these with rice and stir fried veggies, but I can imagine they would work equally well on a party buffet.
Makes 20 individual dumplings
250g lean minced pork ( less than 5% fat)
250g raw tiger prawns, roughly chopped
8 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
A handful of chopped chives
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
4 cm stick of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 a stick of lemon grass, finely chopped
1 small chilli, de seeded and finely chopped
0 cal cooking spray
- Place the pork, prawns, spring onions, chives, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, lemon grass and green chillis in a food processor and process until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and leave to chill for a few hour to firm up.
- Preheat an oven to 200ºC and line a baking sheet.
- Divide and roll the mixture into equal dumpling sized balls (approximately 20 individual dumplings) and transfer to the baking sheet.
- Spray the dumplings lightly with 0% cal cooking spray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Pairing with this sweet chilli sauce is a must.