I used to think healthy eating didn’t include steak. How wrong was I? This healthy steak has a wonderful kick of heat from the peppercorns and is accompanied by a a fantastically attractive roasted vegetable medley.
2 fillet steaks, trimmed of all visible fat
0 cal cooking spray
1 tbsp mixed peppercorns, crushed
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 res pepper, deseeded and diced (I think a yellow one as well would look great too!)
1 courgette, diced
1/2 aubergine, diced
1 red onion, diced
2 tbsp dried rosemary
- Mix the peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce and pour over the steaks, allowing to marinate for at least 2 hours, longer is better!
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and line a baking tray with parchement.
- Arrange all the vegetable on the baking tray, spray 0 cal cooking spray over the vegetables, season and sprinkle the dried rosemary over the vegetables. Roast for 20 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the vegetable are cooked, spray the steaks with 0 cal cooking spray and heat a non stick fry pan until hot. Cook the steaks to you’re liking, I prefer around 2 minutes per side for quite a bloody steak. Adjust timings to how you like you’re steaks.
- Allow the steaks to rest for a minute while you heap the vegetable on your plate, then top with steak. Delicous.